Today, I hosted the first Max/MSP Club meeting of the semester. The first 30 minutes were spent discussing what people wanted to learn through the workshop. The general consensus was that the club members wanted to create a performance system and also compose in Max.
The first workshop consisted of introducing basic Max objects and then getting straight into signal processing. At the end, we collectively worked on a Halloween installation Max/MSP patch. We used amplitude tracking to trigger a manipulated voice (pitched down, to sound evil) in real time.
Next week, I’m planning to do a workshop on manipulating sounds using sensors and Max.
For more information about Max/MSP, visit cycling74.com.