Updated April 22.
For more news and announcements from the second annual XR @ Michigan Summit see the links in the post to “Center for Academic Innovation Teaming with Coursera on 10 XR-enhanced Courses Courses focused on the Future of Work and Society” (click on this post entry to see page links).
April 19 (virtual event), April 20 (live event) Join us for the second annual XR @ Michigan Summit! This hybrid event will span two days and will feature industry professionals and U-M faculty innovators sharing their knowledge and insight around XR.
Register for The XR at Michigan Summit at our Hopin page for day one of the event. Day two of the event will be held in person in the Rogel Ballroom at the Michigan Union (530 S. State St.)
Please register if you plan to attend either the virtual sessions (day one) or the in-person student showcase and exhibition (day two).
XR at Michigan Summit 2022 Schedule at-a-glance (subject to change):
Day One – Tuesday, April 19, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET (Virtual – Hopin)
- 1:00 – 1:25 p.m. – Introduction with Jeremy Nelson, Director, XR Initiative
- 1:25 – 1:55 p.m. – Keynote presentation from Microsoft
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Lightning talk presentations from U-M XR faculty innovators
- 3:00 – 3:15 p.m. – New Tools and Platforms
- 3:15 – 3:30 p.m. – Soft Skill Development Tools
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. – Lightning talk presentations from U-M XR faculty innovators
- 4:30 – 5:00 p.m. – Center for Academic Innovation and Coursera Special Announcement
*The Hopin event will also include virtual student exhibits for any hybrid attendees who are unable to attend the in-person exhibit on April 20.
Day Two – Wednesday, April 20, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET (In-person – Rogel Ballroom, Michigan Union) – Student Showcase & Exhibition *Beverages and snacks will be provided throughout the day.
- 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Open Exhibit Hall
- 10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. – Welcome
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Student Posters and Exhibits
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Guided Vendor Demonstrations
Learn more about the University of Michigan XR Initiative.