How to inquire about and reserve Rooms, Labs, Studios, and Event Spaces
See the expanded descriptions linked from each of the areas in the list below to find overview information. There you will find links to our scheduling system and forms to make reservations or inquires about use. Some spaces are walk-in spaces and do not require reservations, which are noted. Policies regarding access to and use of rooms vary, but general policies regarding food service, clean-up, and other services can be found here: Scheduling Policy
Audio Studios, Video Studio, Personal Studio, Recording Booth
The following spaces require users to be certified for that space’s specialized equipment. If you are not certified, follow the links for information on how to receive training and certification. Hint: certification is pretty easy!
Audio Studios A, B and C
- Training and Certification info
- Audio Studio A Production Proposal Form
- Reserve Audio Studio A (requires U-M login)
- Reserve Audio Studio B (requires U-M login)
- Reserve Audio Studio C (requires U-M login)
- Location: 1st Floor (Audio Studio A located in Suite 1335)
- Overview (includes Orientation and Training info )
- Reserve the Personal Studio (requires U-M login)
- Location: 1st Floor (off Connector Hallway, Rm. 1120-C)
- Requires the 30-minute Groundworks Orientation
- Reserve the Recording Booth (requires U-M login)
- Location: 1st Floor in Groundworks (Rm 1315)
See also: Groundworks and Multimedia Rooms (below)
Conference Rooms, Presentation Room-1180
Conference Rooms A, B and D
- Reserve one of the Conference Rooms: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 1st Floor (off Connector Hallway, (Rooms 1120-A, 1120-B and 1120-D)
Presentation Room – 1180
- To reserve Presentation Room 1180 contact email@example.com
- Location: 1st Floor (off Atrium, Suite 1180))
See also: Flex Labs (below)
Advanced Training Labs, Flex Labs
Advanced Training Labs 1 and 2 (ATL 1 and ATL 2) are instructor-led classroom format computer labs.
Flex Labs A and B are open-plan with movable furniture that can be reconfigured by users.
These spaces are provided to support curricular and co-curricular learning that engages DC resources. See “How to request DC Spaces for Classroom Use” for more information
- Location: 3rd Floor:
– ATL 1: Rooms 3336 A and C combined
– ATL 2 Rooms 3336 B and D combined
– Flex Lab A: Room 3358 A
– Flex Lab B: Room 3358 B
Design Lab 1, Fabrication Studio
Design Lab 1
Design Lab 1 is a walk-in studio staffed by consultants. Please check our open hours in the overview page below. It is available for some pre-scheduled meetings, see contact info below.
- To inquire about the use of Design Lab 1 email us: DesignLab1@umich.edu
- Location: 1st Floor (Rm 1321, off Central Collaboration Area)
The Fabrication Studio is a walk-in studio staffed by consultants. Please check our open hours in the overview page below. It is available for some pre-scheduled meetings, see contact info below.
- Overview and Hours of Availability
- Information about reserving specific equipment
- Calendar of Equipment Reservations
- To inquire about the use of the Fabrication Studio email us:
- Location: 1st Floor (Rm. 1365, off Central Collaboration Area)
The Duderstadt Center Gallery
- To make a reservation for your event in the Gallery please use our:
Gallery Application Form
- Location 1st Floor (off Connector Hallway)
Groundworks, Multimedia Rooms
The Groundworks is a walk-in self-serve lab and is also staffed by consultants during prime use times. Please check our staffed hours in the overview page below.
- Requires the 30-minute Groundworks Orientation
- Reserve Multimedia Rooms 1, 2, or 3
- Location: 1st Floor (off Central Collaboration Area)
Visualization Studio and M.I.D.E.N.
The Visualization Studio is a walk-in studio staffed by consultants. Please check our open hours in the overview page below. It is available for some pre-scheduled meetings, see contact info below.
- Overview (includes studio hours and staffed hours)
- To schedule a group activity (e.g., a course orientation, student group meeting)
- To reserve equipment
- Location: 1st Floor (off Central Collaboration Area, Rms 1401-1405)
The M.I.D.E.N. is a dedicated space within the Visualization Studio suite. Please contact the Visualization Studio staff or consultants for an orientation: Use our online contact form
Public Areas for Events and Gatherings
Open Public Areas
To inquire about use of the following public areas contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atrium (1st Floor)
- Central Collaboration Area (1st Floor)
- Connector Hall (1st Floor)
- Lower Level (Basement): Multipurpose Spaces A (B209A) and B (B209B)
- Plaza (outdoor west of the Main Entrance)
- Portico (outdoor, covered area at Main Entrance)
Study Rooms, Study Seats
- These are small, individual rooms located on the 2nd Floor of the Duderstadt Center: Rooms 2340 – 2352, Rooms 2360 – 2374, and Rooms 2380 – 2388 (floor plan).
- The study rooms are available daily except when reserved by the Engineering Career Resource Center for student/employer interviews, and for scheduled custodial cleaning (Monday through Friday, 4:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.).
- Reservations may be made using the U-M Study Spaces reservation system where they are labeled: “Interview Rooms“
Study Seats (vs. “Study Rooms”) are open seating areas without workstations located on the 1st and 2nd Floors. They do not require reservations: first-come, first-serve.