The Fabrication Studio provides the U-M community access to resources to transform ideas into physical reality. You will find work surfaces, hand tools, several types of 3D printers, a laser cutter, a small CNC printed circuit board cutter, 3D scanners, and electronics workbenches ready to handle a variety of activities. If you are looking for class support, have questions, or need a little help, knowledgeable staff are available to assist you.
Mon-Thurs, 9 am-9 pm
Friday, 9 am-6 pm
Sunday, Noon-6 pm
Location: 1365 Duderstadt Center
Contact: (734) 763-3665
3D Printing Service
Need something printed? Simply upload your STL file(s) and we will provide you a quote. If approved, we will print the parts for you and have them ready for pickup. Available 3D printer technologies include:
- SLA 3D Printing – The Form 3 SLA 3D printer provides a cost-effective high resolution SLA 3D printing option with a variety of available materials.
- PolyJet 3D Printing – The Stratasys J750 polyjet 3D printer is an advanced high resolution multijet 3d printer that provides the best surface quality and dimensional accuracy. The J750 is capable of digitally blending up to 6 materials. This allows for the production of rigid clear, opaque color, or rubber like flexable parts. Even a combination of ridged and flexible bodies within the same part is possible.
Reservable ‘Hands On’ Resources
Looking to get hands on with the equipment? We got you covered! Simply earn your certification and reserve time. Available resources include:
- Ultimaker 3D Printing for Instructional Support – A collection of reservable entry level desktop 3D printers aimed squarely at supporting coursework at the University of Michigan; available by faculty reservation.
- Laser Cutting – A high quality Epilog Helix laser cutter.
- 3D Scanning – Laser and probe based 3D scanners.
- Bantam PCB – A small desktop printed circuit board cutter.
- Carvey CNC – A small 3-axis router sutable for flat stock.
- Electronics Workbench – Two workbenches equipped with many of the common tools needed for your electronics project.
- Work Surfaces and Hand Tools – A collection of handtools and four hardwood work surfaces to support project assembly and light fabrication.
3D Printing Club
The 3D Printing Club is a Student Organization which organizes projects, competitions, and collaborative learning workshops to ultimately enhance the knowledge and increase interest in the field of additive manufacturing.