Requests for a guided tour of the Duderstadt Center can be made by emailing email@example.com. Our tours may include visits to the Groundworks Media Lab, Design Labs 1 & 2, Audio Studios, Video Studio, Personal Studio, Fabrication Underground, Multimedia Rooms, Visualization Studio, and the Gallery.
Requests are processed regularly on Mondays, and a DMC Tour planner will connect with the requester on the Tuesday following their request. Exceptions can be made if necessary.
- Tours are conducted during the hours of 10 AM – 4 PM, M-F, when requested
- 14 days’ advance notice is preferred
- Group size is restricted to 20 or less, and to visitors no younger than 16
- Any exceptions to our normal procedures require additional conversations
Guided Tour Options:
Standard “Overview” Tour – this tour includes a brief overview and visit to our various studios and creative spaces. It does not include demonstrations, and access may be limited to a given resource if it’s in use. This is our most popular and satisfying tour for those interested in learning about all of our resources. (30-60 min)
Tour Plus – an enhanced tour with additional demonstrations in one or more of our resource areas.
Orientation – training in a specific resource area, usually driven by a class assignment or other academic need. We offer daily orientations in many of our spaces which may suit your needs (see below).
Request a guided tour of the Duderstadt Center by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accessible visitor parking is available at an hourly rate in lots NC43 and NC27. Spaces are limited. These pages include information specific to each lot provided by U-M Parking and Transportation. Please note that the Google Maps offered on these pages will only display a Red Marker in the lot location, but will not include the Lot Name.
- A printable PDF map of all North Campus (and Medical Campus) parking locations is available here: U-M Office of Logistics, Parking and Transportation (on the map, the DC is located at coordinates “O,7”).
- Visitor parking fees may be paid via mobile app (search for “Passport Parking” by Passport Labs, Inc., available from your device’s app store), or you may pay at kiosks located in each lot.
- Buses: If your group plans to take a bus to the Duderstadt Center, please let us know at least two weeks in advance so that parking arrangements can be made.