Would you like to receive email notifications about upcoming exhibits, performances and special events happening at the Duderstadt Center? Sign up for our monthly newsletter, coming soon.
- Reserve rooms, labs, studios & public spaces
- Check out equipment
- Hours of Operation
- Floor plans, maps, parking info
- Building tours
- Covid-19 info
- Ask a Librarian
- CAEN Knowledge Base
- Mujo Café
- Report errors and make suggestions
DC Memorial Day Weekend Hours
May 26th, Friday, DC closes at 5 pm
May 27, 28, and 29 – closed
May 30, Tuesday, DC reopens at 8 am
Regular DC Building Hours
The Duderstadt Center is open 24-hours, 7 days-a-week, every day that the U-M is open.
Mujo Café – check their calendar for current hours
Fireside Café in Pierpont Commons will be closed beginning Saturday April 29 for renovations and will reopen in the Fall Term.
Blue Market in Pierpont will begin offering a limited selection of hot food selections beginning Monday, May 1.
Take a photo tour of Fabrication Underground!
… and come visit us in the DC Lower Level, Room B430 – Monday through Friday 9 a.m to 6 p.m.
Happening at the Duderstadt Center
- Emerging Technologies and Media & Studio Arts bring Unreal Engine to Virtual Reality Production Platform in the DC.The DMC’s Emerging Technologies Group and Media & Studio Arts Group have co-developed a powerful new platform, using the powerful rendering capabilities of industry-leading Unreal Engine, enabling students, faculty, and staff to create advanced photo-real 3D virtual environments for a new generation of learning, instructional, and research applications. The two teams collaborated throughout the 2022-23 […]
- International Society of Bassists 2023 ConventionJune 5-10, 2023 Instrument Viewing June 6th Duderstadt Center Gallery Noon-6:00 pm The ISB Bass Makers Competition is a bi-annual event that brings in new-made double basses from around the world to be judged by a special team of world renown bass players and luthiers. Bass makers can be awarded certificates and medals for their […]
- aZn luv luv t0urMay 11, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. and May 12, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. Video Studio, Duderstadt Center. A live, interactive performance, directed and performed by Caroline Yoo and Okyoung Noh*. Free but reservation required – in-theater attendance is limited: https://bit.ly/aznluvluv. This performance “aZn luv luv t0ur” invites audiences to join Noh and Yoo as tour guides […]
- Realities Unveiled: A Visual ExplorationRECENT EVENT: April 19-30, 2023 Opening Reception: April 19, from 4:30-6:00 pm Duderstadt Center Gallery Join us for a journey through the art of perception versus reality. Curated by students in ARTDES 449: Gallery as a site for social change. The exhibition features the work of approximately 35 artists; art students both in the class […]
- 2023 Society for Cinema and Media Studies Innovative Pedagogy AwardCongratulations to Professor Matthew Solomon and Lecturer Vincent Longo who received the 2023 Society for Cinema and Media Studies Innovative Pedagogy Award, “designed to recognize new methods, perspectives, and techniques in the teaching of Cinema, Radio, Television, and Emerging Media Studies.” The award recognizes three of Solomon and Longo’s teaching-related projects/initiatives: The Audiovisual Lexicon, VR […]
- Digital Gallery Now Online: the 27th Annual Exhibition of Artists in Michigan PrisonsUpdated April 5, 2023: the works of art recently shown in the Duderstadt Center Gallery are now viewable, and unsold works may be purchased, by visiting the Prison Creative Arts Project site. Recent Exhibit: Duderstadt Center Gallery, March 21 – April 4 The 27th Annual Exhibition of Artists in Michigan Prisons showcases the hard work and talents […]
The Fabrication Studio has moved to a much larger space with new 3D printing technologies for your projects. The new “Fabrication Studio Underground” is now in Room B430 in the DC’s Lower Level (map). Watch for a complete story on everything new in one of the DC’s most interesting resources.
The Groundworks Orientation is now on Canvas. This course introduces you to the resources of the Digital Media Commons. Upon completing the modules you will create an account, enabling you to reserve the Multimedia Rooms and the Recording Booth.