Tips: Hover over images to pause; use dots to move to specific slides; click on an image to go to content.
- Reserve rooms, labs, studios & public spaces
- Check out equipment
- Hours of Operation
- Floor plans, maps, parking info
- Building tours
- Covid-19 info
- Ask a Librarian
- CAEN Knowledge Base
- Mujo Café
- Report errors and make suggestions
Job Posting: Student Program Manager – Digital Media Commons
Lead an initiative that centers student employees in the service design for our unique labs and studios!
The Heating System Maintenance Project is ongoing
See the “Take Note” section for updates and notifications.
Regular Building Hours
The Duderstadt Center is open 24-hours, 7 days-a-week, every day that the U-M is open.
Mujo Cafe Hours
8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday
Closed Saturday and Sunday
What makes the Duderstadt Center so special? Technology specialists who enable colleges and departments across the U-M to freely access our special resources for new applications.
Technology collaborations that touch every aspect of the U-M experience.
- Technology collaborations that touch every aspect of the U-M experience.A partnership between the Digital Media Commons’ Visualization Studio and Michigan Health enables rehabilitation patients to create and explore new virtual worlds. Donn Hilker, Clinical Director for the University of Michigan Health Rehabilitation Engineering Program, leads a team who use engineering and new technologies to increase the functional capabilities and quality of life of individuals with disabilities. Recently he began exploring the use of the Duderstadt Center’s MIDEN (Michigan Digital Experience Nexus) as a resource for patients such as Travar Pettway. Read more about Donn Hilker’s work with Travar, and the value of rich resources like the MIDEN freely accessible […]
Photo courtesy of Michigan Medicine
To see your work featured here, tell us how you’re using the unique resources of the Duderstadt Center for your project, assignment, or research, contact us via this form.
- Recent Event: Recap of the Second Annual XR @ Michigan Summit – 2022.Updated June 17. For a full recap of all the presentations at the recent XR @ Michigan Summit see: “Faculty Innovators Discuss How They Use Extended Reality Technologies to Transform Education.“ April 19 (virtual event), April 20 (live event) Join us for the second annual XR @ Michigan Summit! This hybrid event will span two […]
- “growing pains” An original musical by Dana Pierangeli – performance video onlineThe April 8 performance of “growing pains” is now available on Vimeo (link below). Two lifelong best friends now high school seniors begin growing apart as their lives begin diverging from their shared roots. As they deal with changing family relationships, romantic interests, mental health issues, and the looming threat of college they must ask […]
- CVGA moves to Shapiro, Central Campus locationAfter 14 years in the Duderstadt Center, the Computer and Video Game Archive is moving to the Shapiro Library on Central Campus. The move is taking place this week and the CVGA is expected to re-open its new 4th Floor location in Shapiro before the start of the Fall 2022 Semester. From a U-M Library […]
- Job Posting: Student Program Manager – Digital Media CommonsThe Student Program Manager will lead an initiative that centers student employees in the service design for our unique labs and studios. If you are passionate about empowering learners to grow into problem-solvers who help other learners succeed, this is the place for you. A complete description of this full-time position is available at the […]
DC Heating System Maintenance
The DC’s heating system is undergoing a much needed boiler replacement cycle during the months of May, June, and July. This is a major project requiring removal and replacement of large and complex mechanical systems.
- During this period, as the heating system boilers are replaced, the building interior will be cooler than normal on days following cooler nighttime temperatures. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please bring something warm to wear.
- You may notice small room-like structures in the halls on each floor of the DC. These temporary enclosures will help reduce the construction noise and dust.
- Questions? email Rob Mills in DC Facilities.
Looking for resources to take your podcast, online lecture, or presentation, to the next level? The DC has personal support and tools from simple to advanced just right for your project:
For even more information: Video for Instruction, Presentations, and Online Meetings
The Groundworks Orientation is now on Canvas. This course introduces you to the resources of the Digital Media Commons. Upon completing the modules you will create an account, enabling you to reserve the Multimedia Rooms and the Recording Booth.