Tips: Hover over images to pause; use dots to move to specific slides; click on an image to go to content.
- Reserve rooms, labs, studios & public spaces
- Check out equipment
- Hours of Operation
- Floor plans, maps, parking info
- Building tours
- Covid-19 info
- Ask a Librarian
- CAEN Knowledge Base
- Mujo Café
- Report errors and make suggestions
DC Thanksgiving Holiday Hours
- Wednesday, November 23 – DC closes at 5 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday, November 24 and 25 – DC is closed
- Saturday, November 26 – DC reopens at 9 a.m. and resumes Regular Hours
Regular DC Building Hours
The Duderstadt Center is open 24-hours, 7 days-a-week, every day that the U-M is open.
DMC Staff Phone Numbers Update
Phone numbers for some DMC Staff in Suite 1315 have changed. Check the DMC Staff Directory to update your contact information
Mujo Thanksgiving Holiday Hours:
- Tuesday, Nov. 22: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday through Saturday, Nov. 23 through Nov. 26: Closed
- Sunday, Nov. 27: Reopen at 1 .p.m and resume Regular Hours (see below)
Mujo Regular Hours:
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday: closed
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Happening at the Duderstadt Center
- World Wide TeaDesign for Participation [Project in Progress – Experimental Space] November 18-30, 2022 Opening Reception: Friday, November 18, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. Our UARTS Faculty Engineering/Arts Student Team (FEAST) explores current participatory design theory and practices. We are ideating, prototyping, and testing participatory design pieces to advance our understanding and application of participatory design. We understand […]
- Fabrication Underground! – a photo tour of the DC’s new 3D printing and fabrication spaceFabrication Underground is an all new space designed and constructed to provide the U-M community with access to the latest 3D printing technologies, software, and other fabrication resources to transform ideas into physical reality. In addition to several new, advanced 3D printers, 3D scanners, a 60 watt laser cutter, and CNC printed circuit board cutter, […]
- Sonya Belaya: “Cognitive Distortions, Ancestral Patterns” (streaming video)Sonya Belaya: “Cognitive Distortions, Ancestral Patterns” Recent streaming performance Thursday, November 3, in the Duderstadt Center Video Studio “Cognitive Distortions, Ancestral Patterns” uses cognitive distortions to understand the experiences of immigrant women artists as it relates to assimilation, segregation, and mental health care. Alongside research of social work practices with immigrant communities, Belaya documents the […]
- Voting Day in the DC GalleryHundreds of students filled the halls of the Duderstadt Center prepared to register and vote in the special DC Gallery polling location on Election Day 2022 See a short video of the line of students committed to add their votes! The turnout marks the success of the Creative Campus Voting Project and its Vote 2022 […]
- Pilot Math Testing Lab opens in DC Lower LevelTo provide students on North Campus more convenient access to Math Mastery and Gateway assessment, the LSA Department of Mathematics Math Lab and the College of Engineering Center for Academic Success (ECAS) have opened a pilot Math Mastery Assessment Lab in a temporary space in the Duderstadt Center’s Lower Level. The pilot lab, located in […]
- Songs for Democracy – accepting entries through December 1st!November 17 Update: Entry Deadline has been extended to December 1! Songs for Democracy seeks entries of songs with (optional) accompanying cover art that will move our democracy forward. All genres accepted. Collaborations between writers, composers, performers, and visual artists encouraged. Grand prize is $3000.00. Previous Post:Join us at the Duderstadt Center from 12:00 – 7:00 […]
The Groundworks Orientation is now on Canvas. This course introduces you to the resources of the Digital Media Commons. Upon completing the modules you will create an account, enabling you to reserve the Multimedia Rooms and the Recording Booth.
Building Construction Updates
During the past four months the Duderstadt Center Facilities Team has coordinated several major building renovation projects – and done an outstanding job! Just completed:
- Completion of the all new Fabrication Underground space.
- Replacement of a major portion of the DC’s heating and cooling system.
- Conversion of existing interior lighting to energy efficient LED lamps (DC building CO2 reduction estimated at 190 metric tons per year).
- Renovation of Suite 1315, the primary location of most Digital Media Commons staff. Better lighting, more efficient and pleasant space for all.
We will be featuring more stories about DC projects and improvements.
Questions? email Rob Mills in DC Facilities.