MacPower and Laptop Workstations
Our workstations are loaded with the newest creativity and production software. If you already have the software you need and would like to see your work on a higher quality display, go ahead and plug into one of our 38” ultrawide or dual 4k HDR displays. Our displays are compatible with the following connectors and operating systems.
- Thunderbolt 4 (PC)
- Intel Thunderbolt 3 Mac (with macOS11.4, big Sur, or above)
- M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra Thunderbolt 4 Mac (with macOS11.4, big Sur, or above)
- M1/M2 Thunderbolt 3 Mac (with macOS11.4, big Sur, or above)
- Thunderbolt 3 PC
- USB4 PC
- USB-C PC
- USB-C Windows Tablet
- Thunderbolt or USB-C (iPad)
- Thunderbolt or USB-C (Chromebook)
Wacom Drawing Tablets
The industry standard for digital illustration and design. Stylus available during staffed hours only.
- iMac computer with the Groundworks standard software list (see above).
- speakers with a headphone jack
- card reader
- USB hubs
- The Wacom stylus is available for checkout from the consulting desk in Groundworks.
Still Life Photo Table(s)
Designed for photographing objects such as 3D models, artwork, or consumer products, our still life photo table features a translucent surface and lighting which can be adjusted for color temperature and brightness, and we have just added a new desktop photo table.
BYO camera. Tripods are available.
One of the best places on campus to record yourself. This sound isolation booth is a self-contained, reservable audio and video recording space. It is perfect for recording video voice-overs and solo vocal or instrumental music pieces. Completion of the Digital Media Commons Orientation is required to reserve this resource. The Recording Booth is equipped with a microphone and small HD video camera which will allow you to record in a variety of different programs, including:
- QuickTime Pro
- Soundtrack Pro
- Logic Pro
Learn more about using the Groundworks Recording Booth in the Ground Connections (GC) Knowledge Base.
Trained users can reserve the recording booth for up to four hours at a time. Reserve the Recording Booth.
Media Conversion Rack
Groundworks provides selected old media players configured to allow easy conversion from analog or out-dated digital formats to contemporary digital storage options. The rack supports these formats:
- Audio cassette tape
- 8mm and Hi8 video (No Digital8)
- Betacam SP
- U-Matic ¾” video
Learn more about using the Media Conversion rack in our Ground Connections (GC) Knowledge Base.
Wide Tek 18”x24” scanner:
- Among the largest flat-bed scanners at the university.
- Scans up to 1200dpi
- How to use WideTek Scanner in Groundworks
Canon ImageFormula DR-M160ii scanner:
- Document scanner
- Allows large batch scanning, into PDF
- Canon ImageFormula DR-M160ii user guide
Epson Perfection V750 Pro scanner:
- Designed for 35mm slides and film negatives
- Slide trays are available at the Groundworks consulting desk
- Slide scanning available only during staffed hours
- Epson Perfection V750 Pro scanner user guide
Epson 11×17” Scanner: For general scanning.