Thank you for your interest in the Duderstadt Center Video Studio. As of January 30, 2018, the Video Studio is completely booked for the remainder of this academic year. We welcome proposals for the next academic year, both Fall and Winter Semesters.
Our mission is to support collaborative work created by students, faculty
and staff that explore the use of technology in creative work.
When considering applications to use the Video Studio, we examine whether
proposals represent work that:
- makes use of our unique venue and its resources (green screen,
multi-camera video and audio recording, HD projection, motion capture, etc.)
- is experimental
- is collaborative
- affects learning/teaching/research
We are especially interested in:
- original creations by U-M students, faculty or staff
- interdisciplinary efforts
- new, thoughtful uses of media.
We also take into consideration whether:
- the project is a requirement for a degree
- the DMC, in consultation with the faculty advisor, both feel the project can be finished within the provided scheduled timetable
- a plan exists for the finished product to be published and/or distributed