Eighteen study rooms are located on the second floor and one group study room is located on the lower level of the Duderstadt Center for individual or small group study. Sixteen of the 19 rooms can accommodate one or two people, and three are intended for groups of 3 or more. Seventeen of these individual study rooms may be reserved in advance and two additional individual study rooms are available on a walk-in basis.
The study rooms are available daily except when reserved by the Engineering Career Resource Center for student/employer interviews and for scheduled custodial cleaning, (Monday-Friday, 4:30a.m. – 7:00 a.m.).
The following rules apply to use of the rooms for all other purposes.
- A valid UM ID is required to request a room reservation.
- Rooms are scheduled in one-hour blocks up to a maximum of 4 hours daily, regardless of room.
- Rooms may be scheduled up to 3 days in advance; no recurring reservation (same time each day, etc.) and no same day scheduling is allowed.
- Unscheduled times are available for walk-in use. Please refer to the posted schedule before walking in, and be prepared to vacate for the next scheduled reservation.
- Group Study Rooms (Rooms 16, 21 & B260) will be only scheduled for groups of 3 or more people. When not scheduled, the rooms are available for walk-in and groups have priority usage.